MailScanner issue not detecting MyDoom-0 [Re: nested .zip containing bad files not being caught]

Mariano Absatz el.baby at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 27 17:24:38 IST 2004

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 01:20:28 +0100, Julian Field
<mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> The problem isn't quite as you have been describing it, but it causes the
> symptom you are seeing.
> Attached is a new Message.pm. Sorry I haven't got a patch but this is at
> short notice and I can't get my VPN connection to stay up for more than 2
> minutes at a time through this hotel's network.

Julian,

once again, thanx a LOT for the speed at which you resolve things...
even being abroad and with bad access.

I just generated a patch for version 4.31.6 (from which your
Message.pm came from) and also managed to back-port it to 4.29.7 which
I have installed in several places.

This last one I'm testing and its working OK, detecting these zip
within zip viruses that yesterday passed thru.

The patches are at http://baby.com.ar/MailScanner/zipWzip/ for anyone
to use (at their own risk, of course)

Regards

--