Panda & MailScanner

Victor DiMichina victor at PIXELMAGICFX.COM
Tue Jul 27 17:27:04 IST 2004

SysOp wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm trying to install panda antivirus for Sendmail on
>a slackware 9.1 working with MailScanner. I want
>MailScanner works with Panda and Sendmail doesn't know
>anything about antivirus.
>
>Well, I've looking for how to configure MailScanner to
>work with Panda. I've got installed pav_milter in
>/usr/local/share/pav_milter/.
>
>Can anyone tell me how to configure mailscanner? Has
>anyone got working both programs?
>
>Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the late response.

I have Panda and F-secure both working with MailScanner.   I am using
the command line version of both,   on a Red Hat 8.0 system.   I
strongly recommend a later version of MailScanner,  after 4.28.6 as the
panda wrapper module is improved.

Just install Panda command line,  and configure your MailScanner.conf
file to reflect that Panda is your virus scanner of choice.   Check that
the path to your executable Panda (pavcl) corresponds to the entry in
the virus_scanners.conf file,  and you should be good to go!

Vic

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk