SpamCopURI-0.19 seems broken

Randal, Phil prandal at HEREFORDSHIRE.GOV.UK
Tue Jul 27 13:32:29 IST 2004

MailScanner mailing list wrote:
> Gang,
>     I did considerable twiddling before posting my message
> yesterday.  I had URI-1.31 installed, plus the
> Mail-SpamAssassin-SpamCopURI-0.19 downloaded directly from
> the SURBL site.  Following the advice of the "BigEvil and
> Stuff" thread, I downloaded Steve Swaney's version from
> www.fsl.com and installed that instead.  I rolled back to
> URI-1.30, then tried URI-1.31 again.  I reinstalled
> SpamAssassin 2.63 again.  Nothing chased away the problem.
> Others are right that removing the evals in the cf file shuts
> up the lint complaint, but also neuters the checking.
>
> My one wrinkle is that I have multi-threaded perl 5.8.4
> installed on my Sun box:
>     osname=solaris, osvers=2.9, archname=sun4-solaris-thread-multi
>
> I am wondering if most SURBL success stories out there **do
> not** use threaded perl.  I'm thinking of reinstalling perl,
> non threaded, to see if that solves the problem.
>
> Jeff Earickson
> Colby College

When I patched our spamassassin 2.63 (on Fedora Core 1) to include
SpamCopURI it was worked, but lint was failing.

In the end I tracked it down to spamassassin stuff being in the
vendor_perl
directory relating to an older release of perl.  Copying the appropriate
.pm
files from SpamCopUri to the appropriate Mail/Spamassassin directory in
the
/usr/lib/perl5 tree solved that problem.

So I'd have a dig in /usr/lib/perl5 looking for Mail/Spamassassin and
making sure the SpamCopURI modules are in there.

Cheers,

Phil

----
Phil Randal