MailScanner issue not detecting MyDoom-0 [Re: nested .zip containing bad files not being caught]

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Mon Jul 26 21:42:02 IST 2004

Stijn Jonker wrote:

> Hello Bob and others,
>
> The longer explanation is below, but as far as I can tell the reason for
> non detection is that the zip file inside the original zip file has the
> same name. I think the explanation is below, and it is pointing towards
> mailscanner.

Interestingly I can't get anything to detect a problem with these two
files either zipped or not. Very strange as they must be viruses but
neither f-prot or clam want to find anything wrong... I have the latest
definitions

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk