Spamassassin conf file?

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Sat Jul 24 10:09:11 IST 2004

Edward L. Hannaford wrote:
> Does the MailScanner spam.assassin.prefs.conf file replace
> the /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf file?  Or are they concatenated
> together?  Or do they somehow work separately?  Just what is the
> relationship between these two files?

SA reads all cf-files it can find in the directories it's configured to
look in (you can see them by running a debug lint). If you drop an extra
ruleset (somename.cf) into /etc/mail/spamassassin it will automatically
be picked up. The local.cf is usually empty (comes with SA and has
nothing to do with MS) and should probably stay so to avoid losing stuff
when upgrading SA. I rename mine and create a symbolic link to
spam.assassin.prefs.conf so I don't have to bother with the -p and -C
switches.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.31.6,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.50, ClamAV 0.73 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.4

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk