Is it ok to delete token files .....

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Fri Jul 23 19:40:56 IST 2004

At 08:52 AM 7/23/2004, Rob wrote:
>..... after they are 24 or more hours old?
>
>I have been doing this for the last couple months... but then I was
>thinking maybe there are still needed??

Define "token files"... bayes_toks? No, don't delete that file.

If you mean the "expire" ones, Yes.. you can delete those.

However, the presence of expire toke files indicates problems in your
setup. MailScanner is killing SA when it's trying to do opportunistic expiry.

Disable the bayes auto expire feature in your local.cf, and configure
mailscanner and/or a cronjob to force expire your bayes DB.

  Either that or reconfigure Mailscanner to give a VERY long SA timeout
period (ie: 10 minutes or more) so that expire/rebuild/sync processes can
complete without MailScanner assuming (incorrectly) that SA is dead.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk