Upgrading Mail Server

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at KARAN.ORG
Thu Jul 22 12:53:28 IST 2004

Hi,

Roger Jochem wrote:

> Between RHEL, Fedora Core 1 and Fedora Core 2, what would be the
> recomendation? I'm running MailScanner and SpamAssassin...

RHEL is what you want, dont even bother messing about with Fedora if you
are looking for a half decent life-cycle ( the fact that you are still
running RH 7.2 tends to indicate that this should be an important issue
for you ).

If finances get in the way, you can get a non Redhat compile for the
RHEL codebase. Take a look at  : http://whiteboxlinux.org,
http://taolinux.org and http://www.lineox.com/ - They are all as good
and as stable as RHEL, and post updates / errata from the Redhat releases.

But if you can afford it, you really should get RHEL from Redhat.

--
Karanbir Singh   : http://www.karan.org/
GnuPG Public Key : http://www.karan.org/publickey.asc

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk