Feature request

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Thu Jul 22 00:58:39 IST 2004

Pete wrote:
> Denis Beauchemin wrote:
>> Ugo Bellavance wrote:
>>>        Another nice feature would have the -V switch or sometihing
>>> similar to
>>> get the version of MailScanner from the command line. Yes I know I can
>>> get it from the logs, but It is faster this way.
>>>
>> How about printing MS' version number AND the version of every Perl
>> module used by MS: SA, Sophos, and all others installed by MS???
>>
>> Denis
>>
> Surely this isnt a job foir Julian? Sounds more like a perl script that
> run off of the modules with a -v and pone command to scour the logs for
> the version number?

It's quite often asked on the list what version they are running, most
expect a -v/-V/--version option. And it would actually be very
interesting for MS to output the version of the modules it uses since
that may not be the ones I think it uses (I have two versions of Perl
installed).

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.31.6,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.50, ClamAV 0.73 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.4

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk