MS on a RHEL rebuild, perl modules problem?

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Tue Jul 20 10:30:52 IST 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Remco Barendse wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Julian Field wrote:

> > >I installed clamav from the tarball, no perl modules. When i start
> > >if from the commandline on of the files in quarantine it immediately
> > >catches the virus.
> >
> > Don't forget that clamav changes its uid when it is run, so it may just be
> > that it can't read your /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming.
>
> Strange, I compared permissions and the clamav.conf with another box but
> they appear the same. This other box is also running TaoLinux and clamav
> from a tarball (albeit that I upgraded from RedHat 8 to Tao instead of a
> completely new install like the box that is giving me problems).
>
> Is there any way to debug this? The maillog is not giving me any lead :
> Jul 20 10:43:21 gw MailScanner[31488]: Virus and Content Scanning:
> Starting

I think I found the culprit, the path setting in virus.scanners.conf was
incorrect.

Would it be possible to modify the line that is sent to the maillog to
show that the virusscanner was not found?

Sorry for the trouble!!

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk