MS on a RHEL rebuild, perl modules problem?

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Tue Jul 20 08:08:09 IST 2004

I am using a RedHat Enterprise 3 rebuild (TaoLinux) and installed
MailScanner on it. I installed through the install script.

When virii come in they are caught by the filename rules and not by
clamav.

Not all perl modules installed during install. Don't know if this is
because the module is alrteady present in the perl installation or
because there may be a problem building the rpms.

Why can't I install the rpms after building them and wouldn't it be nice
if MailScanner would report any missing (vital) modules on startup or in
the maillog?

These are the rpms installed by the install script:
perl-Archive-Zip-1.09-3
perl-Compress-Zlib-1.33-2
perl-Convert-BinHex-1.119-2
perl-Convert-TNEF-0.17-1
perl-HTML-Parser-3.26-17
perl-HTML-Tagset-3.03-28
perl-IO-stringy-2.108-1
perl-MailTools-1.50-1
perl-MIME-tools-5.411-pl4.3
perl-Net-CIDR-0.09-3
perl-TimeDate-1.1301-3

These are missing:
perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker-6.05-1.src.rpm
perl-File-Spec-0.82-1.src.rpm
perl-File-Temp-0.12-1.src.rpm
perl-MIME-Base64-2.12-1.src.rpm

These rpms all build without problems but when I try to install them rpm
bombs out with an error message (i limited the below to one line per rpm):

file /usr/share/man/man3/ExtUtils::MM_OS2.3pm.gz from install of
perl-ExtUtils-MakeMaker-6.05-1 conflicts with file from package
perl-5.8.0-88.4.TL1

file /usr/share/man/man3/File::Spec::VMS.3pm.gz from install of
perl-File-Spec-0.82-1 conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.0-88.4.TL1

file /usr/share/man/man3/File::Temp.3pm.gz from install of
perl-File-Temp-0.12-1 conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.0-88.4.TL1

file /usr/share/man/man3/MIME::Base64.3pm.gz from install of
perl-MIME-Base64-2.12-1 conflicts with file from package
perl-5.8.0-88.4.TL1

Thanks!!
Remco

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk