adding signatures

Robin M. robin at PRIMUS.CA
Sun Jul 18 16:53:56 IST 2004

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004, Valmiki N. Ramsewak wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 03:29:21PM +0100, Michele Neylon : Blacknight Solutions wrote:
> > On Sat, 2004-07-17 at 15:14, Robin M. wrote:
> > > is it possible to have a custom signature added, and that each user has
> > > their own signature added.
> > > Also I would like to only add the signature on outbound emails.
> > >
> > > If someone can let me know this is possible and if you have hint on how to
> > > get it started let me know please.
> >
> > It's possible via rulesets, although depending on how many users you
> > have it may become extremely unwieldy and complex.
>
> it can, but something with database, field per user, and something that
> grabs it from teh database and on a webpage for them to edit would work..
> though that sounds like work to me...

I do not mind doing the work. I have to do it anyways. For this
installation I have only about 30 users, but it is prolly something I can
install where there is a larger user base for which I care less about.
Creating a web page with a database sounds like a good idea.

If anyone has any other suggestions for getting this started or hints on
existing functions or hooks that'd be great.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk