OUTLOOK was RE: [MAILSCANNER] RTFM... FAQ MAQ GOOGLE

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at utwente.nl
Fri Jul 16 07:28:22 IST 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:23:26 +0100, you wrote:

>> We use SpamAssassin and a number of blacklists. Users can
>> decide whether they filter on SA or any combination of
>> blacklists. So they need to filter on "SpamAssassin" in the
>> And the filter shouldn't react on "Spamassassin" in any other header.
>
>AFAIK that is possible, but you would need to play around with Outlook 2003
>to see exactly what is and isn't possible
>If you are using blacklists etc., the simplest thing is to modify the
>subject line and do it that way.

That was decided against. We use a lot of blacklists. Even ones we know
have a lot of false positives. It's up to the user to choose. And hell
would break loose when these "hints" show up visible for the user (that
doesn't want to block on that).

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk