GRR Help releasing messgaes PLEASE.

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Thu Jul 15 14:39:45 IST 2004

> Everytime I release a messgae it gets rescanned and
> requarentened.  I need to get this thing out NOW.  Where and
> how do I release this message and what needs to be
> whitelisted?  The file is getting quarantied because of to
> many attachements.

Not that this has been discussed a couple of times here and on the
MailWatch mailing list but ok. Since it might be urgent:

1. How do you try to release the message?

2. You will have to create some rulesets that choose the rules
(filename/filetype-files, number of acceptable attachments etc.)
depending on where the message is coming from. If it is coming from
127.0.0.1 and from the correct user (MailWatch user or something other
suitable) the rules must allow whatever necessary to release the
message.

Regards,
  JP

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk