MS+SA+CLAMAV on FreeBSD

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Thu Jul 15 11:05:43 IST 2004

> problem went. Being lazy, if problems go I tend to be happy
> to leave it there :-)

I know that feeling... :-)

> Didn't think for a moment you didn't ;-)

:-)

> Sadly none. I was hoping as a 'higher authority' you could tell me...

'Higher authority'? If you only knew.... Far from it.... But Google
helps. Obviously you can choose to have everything in /bin and /sbin
linked dynamically now in FreeBSD 5. The default remains (AFAIK)
statically linked though. Personally I do not think that dynamically
linked /bin, /sbin is a good idea so I will continue with OVERWRITE_BASE
and statically linked root. But that's of course again just my personal
opinion.

> 'Cause I didn't even think about there being a base OpenSSL
> installed (Because I didn't think!).

:-) Happens all the time to everyone...

Regards,
  JP