MS+SA+CLAMAV on FreeBSD

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Thu Jul 15 07:39:02 IST 2004

On Mittwoch, 14. Juli 2004 9:11 Drew Marshall wrote:

> So what is the difference and more the point from where?

We were using the ports without OVERWRITE_BASE for quite some time but more and more ran into trouble with some other misbehaved programs that still tried to link against the base-system dlls. Overwriting the core files solved all this for us. Suite yourself: Try it without and if you never have any trouble, go for it. If you are seeing trouble try with OVERWRITE_BASE and see what happens.

> I have never
> got that excited about updating core.

With the exception of openssl/openssh I fully agree...

> BTW the option you are looking
> for is OPENSSL_OVERWRITE_BASE which then says:

I "know".. :-) But still thanks for pointing this out.

> 'this ports does not support the dynamic root
> please undefine OPENSSL_OVERWRITE_BASE
> and use WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=yes instead.'

Whatever "dynamic root" means... Any idea?

> Feeling stupid

Why?

Kind regards,
  JP