MS+SA+CLAMAV on FreeBSD

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Wed Jul 14 20:11:19 IST 2004

Jan-Peter Koopmann wrote:

>On Wednesday, July 14, 2004 7:17 PM MailScanner mailing list wrote:
>

>>The other thing to do is go to /usr/ports/security/openssl
>>and make install from there, upgrading OpenSSL, then try to build MS
>>again.
>>

>Actually you will want to upgrade openssh-portable and openssl. Both with the option to overwrite the base versions (can't remember it exactly at the moment. OVERWRITE_BASE_something...).

JP

So what is the difference and more the point from where? I have never
got that excited about updating core. BTW the option you are looking for
is OPENSSL_OVERWRITE_BASE which then says:

'this ports does not support the dynamic root
please undefine OPENSSL_OVERWRITE_BASE
and use WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=yes instead.'

So I'm none the wiser :-(

Feeling stupid