MS+SA+CLAMAV on FreeBSD

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Wed Jul 14 14:52:22 IST 2004

On Wednesday 14 July 2004 07:43 am, Matthew K Bowman wrote:

> Yep, sendmail is disabled in rc.conf
>
> sendmail_enable="NO"
>
> I just did a rc.MailScanner stop and it stopped sendmail only it left
> _all_ MailScanner processes running.
>
> On start i get
> sendmail incoming outgoing MailScanner Starting MailScanner...
> sendmail-clientmqueue
> On stop i get
> sendmail MailScanner sendmail-clientmqueue
>
> The file system is setup as /opt/MailScanner/
>
> /etc/Mailscanner is symlinked to /opt/MailScanner

This is MailScanner installed on FreeBSD? Odd - did you install MS via the
ports? If so - How did you come up with /opt/MailScanner.

This leads me to think you bypassed the ports for the tarball off the MS site.
Had you installed via the ports - you most likely would not be having the
issues you are.

I did for FreeBSD 5.2.1 and my setup took no more then 10 mins.

--
Best regards,
Chris

ClamAV virus dat updated: Wed Jul 14 2004 at 03:02:49
daily.cvd updated (version: 407, sigs: 886, f-level: 2, builder: tkojm)

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk