is this a serious condition?

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Wed Jul 14 14:33:06 IST 2004

Piet Bos wrote:

> No I've installed a caching only DNS on my mailgateway.
> Understood that that measure was sufficient.

It is very good, or even necessary to have a DNS caching server on the
gateway, however, it can't do miracles.  If the data is not cached and
your real DNS server is slow or unavailable, you still have a problem.

The timeout could be caused by SA's Plugins as well (dcc, pyzor, razor),
or simply CPU or I/O limits.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk