MS+SA+CLAMAV on FreeBSD

Gib Gilbertson Jr. gib at TMISNET.COM
Wed Jul 14 13:49:11 IST 2004

At 01:29 PM 7/14/2004 +0100, you wrote:
>Matt
>
>maybe - did you stop the existing sendmail first??????
>
>the rc.MailScanner should start two sendmail's, one for both queues and
>MS itself.
>  in the rc.conf you'll need a sendmail="no" line to stop FreeBSD
>starting it on boot.

Hi Matt.

On my FreeBSD system I have the directory /usr/local/etc/rc.d and in this
directory are 2 scripts for starting/stopping/restarting mailscanner and
your mta. These scripts are called mailscanner.sh and mta.sh

You need to kill all sendmail instances, and then if you have the same
scripts as I do issue the commands

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mta.sh start
# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mailscanner.sh restart

That should hopefully get you going if everything else is installed
correctly, and as Martin mentioned, change sendmail="yes" to sendmail="no"
in your /etc/rc.conf file.

gib

      Gib Gilbertson Jr.
     Tierramiga Info Systems