Per-user white/blacklists

Mike Bacher isp-list at TULSACONNECT.COM
Wed Jul 14 03:09:49 IST 2004

Has anyone come up with a scalable per-user white/blacklist method to
use with MailScanner?  I've been using the standard spam.whitelist.rules
   file for a small (~20 entries) whitelist, but our users are clamoring
for the ability to add/delete entries that are specific to them.  One
user send me a list of 500 addresses they want me to whitelist :(

In any case, I figured that someone out there must have tackled this
issue already -- I saw a post by Julian in the archives regarding
per-user spamassassin scores where he had written a custom function to
pull the data from a SQL table, write it into a text DB file, and suck
it into MailScanner at startup (using a hash table for lookups).  This
sounds like the right approach to take with this one too, but I don't
have the time to do it myself.  We would be willing to pay for a
commercial solution (scripts/custom code/whatever) provided it isn't too
costly (I saw the commercial MailScanner page at http://www.fsl.com but
it doesn't appear to be available yet)..

Any advice/recommendations appreciated.

Mike Bacher / isp-list at tulsaconnect.com
TCIS - TulsaConnect Internet Services
Phone: 918-584-1100x110 Fax: 918-582-5776

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk