MS+SA+CLAMAV on FreeBSD

Smart,Dan SmartD at VMCMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 13 20:24:56 IST 2004

FWIW:

> debug: bayes: Not available for scanning, only 1 spam(s) in Bayes DB < 200

1. You must teach the Bayes database with 200 spams AND 200 hams to get it
working.  Save some mail into an MBOX file, then teach bayes with an
sa-learn.  Read the spamassassin web site for more on teaching Bayes.  With
autolearn turned on, it will eventually learn from your Spam and ham, but
will not do as well as if you manually train.

> debug: Razor2 is not available
> debug: Current PATH is:
> /sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/sbin
> :/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin
> Debug: Pyzor is not available: pyzor not found

2. I've tried to use Razor and Pyzor several times, and have turned it off
for one reason or another.  Now I don't even download the code.  They are
turned off in native Spamassassin by setting local.cf settings:
use_razor2 0
use_pyzor 0
Not sure how to do this in MailScanner, as I am still lurking and have not
attempted and install.

> debug: DCCifd is not available: no r/w dccifd socket found.
> debug: DCC is not available: no executable dccproc found.

3. I highly recommend using DCC.  The DCCproc works fine and doesn't need
any special daemons.  You can install the dccifd daemon if you like. (I use
them, but I don't think it speeds up anything).  When using dccproc, you
will continue to see the first debug message as SA check DCCifd first.

Rest of the spamassassin debug/lint output looks fine.  I would suggest that
the problem is with your MTA interface.

<<Dan>>