Cobalt Raq550 - problems install mailscanner

Doug Koobs dkoobs at dkoobs.com
Tue Jul 13 19:35:50 IST 2004

I had the same problem, and used CPAN to install MIME-Tools, then
installed Mail Scanner.

If you're not familair with CPAN, try this:
**********************
perl -MCPAN -e shell
install MIME::Tools
*********************

Then try to run the MS install. It should detect that you already have
MIME-Tools isntalled, and not try to isntall it again.

Doug

Domenic Versace said:
> I need some advise with installing mailscanner on a cobalt raq550.  I am
using clamav for a virus scanner and sendmail 8.11.6 for mail transport.
I have installed clamav and it works fine but I keep getting hung up
with the install on mailscanner.  The final line before the script
attempts to install mailscanner is:

> error: failed dependencies:
>         perl-MIME-tools >= 5.411 is needed by mailscanner-4.31.6-1

leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk Before
posting, please see the Most Asked Questions at

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk