Bayes expire, do we still need to do this?

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Sun Jul 11 19:43:53 IST 2004

Michael Freeman wrote:
> Im running 4.31.6. I’m still unsure as to whether we still need to do
> this or not?
>
> http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/serve/cache/303.html
>
> I have followed this how-to and setup my installation to auto expire via
> cron. Do we still need to do this?

No, refer to the last part of that FAQ.

"Update 2004-04-03. Julian included a patch in MS 4.29.7 which fixes the
problem until SA is fixed. Users of MS 4.29.7 and later are recommended
to expire tokens from there instead."

Look for "Rebuild Bayes Every" in MailScanner.conf if you want MS to
handle it for you. I however still run it from cron without a glitch in
over six months so it's up to you if you want to change or not. As long
as it works.

When you say "auto expire via cron" it's a little confusing because
that's what we call it when SA does it on its own (and fails).

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.31.6,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.50, ClamAV 0.73 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.4

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk