Beta version 4.32.2 released

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Jul 10 21:08:44 IST 2004

I have just release 4.32.2. This is a beta test version, I wouldn't advise
it for production servers.

I would particularly like people to test it against:
        - Postfix
        - SpamAssassin 3.0

Please let me know what you think.
Any outstanding patches I have forgotten, or urgent feature requests,
please do shout. I haven't got anything urgent on the list as far as I
know, so please do tell me what I've missed.

Download as usual from
                www.mailscanner.info

The Changelog is:

* New Features and Improvements *
- Per-domain white and blacklisting now supports IP address checks.
- Disarmed web bugs now tell you where they came from.
- New "Run In Foreground" option which will be useful if you are trying to
   use another tool to monitor MailScanner's health and restart it auto-
   matically if it dies for some reason.
- New "--perl=" switch for install.sh on non-RPM systems.
- Added extra strings to languages.conf to support new feature of reporting
   the fault with a message in the subject line of the postmaster report.
- CheckModuleVersion now supports the "-v" command-line option, to make its
   output more verbose.

* Fixes *
- Postfix file corruption problem remaining on a few systems, now fixed.
   It was a Perl bug.
- tar distribution check_mailscanner.cron file now calls check_mailscanner
   and not check_MailScanner.
- Comments output in upgrade_MailScanner_conf made more consistent.
- Moved "Spam List" so it matches the first rule, not all rules. This enables
   you to apply rules for entire domains and exceptions for certain addresses
   within those domains.
- Improved zip of death detection.
--
Julian Field