Release a message from quarantine

Matt Krause krausem at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 9 23:59:58 IST 2004

I have tried using the directions:

5.7 - How to release a message from the quarantine?

If you quarantine as queue files:

- Postfix : # postdrop < /path/to/quarantined/queuefile
- Sendmail : Copy the qf- and df- files in the outgoing queue (usually
/var/spool/mqueue)

If you don't quarantine as queue files:

-Sendmail : sendmail -toi user at domain < messagefile

but get this error message:

servert:/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20040709/spam# postdrop -v <
DA55911E553
postdrop: chdir /var/spool/postfix
postdrop: open maildrop/C238A11E651
postdrop: send attr queue_id = C238A11E651
queue_idC238A11E651postdrop: fatal: uid=0: unexpected record type: 67
postdrop: remove maildrop/C238A11E651

I have also tried the sendmail command with no luck. Anyone
successfully used the above commands?  The file isn't humanreadable,
so I am pretty sure that means it is being stored as a queue file.

--
Matt Krause
krausem at gmail.com
http://www.mattkrause.net