Another OT Question - HTTP Mail Service

David J. Duffner - NWCWEB.com webalizer at nwcweb.com
Thu Jul 8 22:08:44 IST 2004

        Seems like he's looking for what Hotmail does with Outlook
& OE, the ability to pull e-mail from an HTTP-based server vs. an
IMAP or POP3 server.  Not sure if there are any out there beyond
Hotmail's miserable setup that likes to flake out every 30 minutes
or so and is sluggish as hell.

        Did note the newer version of Outlook have the ability to
hook to an HTTP mail server, but it appears it's still rather
locked down to Hotmail.  Haven't found a single server or module
that provides HTTP mail serving, simply because of all the freebie
options to suck POP3 mail into a web-based account or just using
the POP3's.  So I'm guessing the demand is so slight (at least to
devlopers) that no one's spending the time or resources on building
one?

      David J. Duffner
      VP Operations
      NWC Corporation
      NWCWEB.com

NWCWEB.com - Your Design & Hosting Solution!
Featuring Ensim Pro/Linux Servers, Hosted
Accounts, Web Design and e-Commerce services
NWC Corporation - Global e-Pay Solutions

Message scanned by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This transmission intended for the
specified destination and person.  If this is not you, this
e-mail must be deleted immediately.     www.nwcweb.com

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk