Allow .exe attechment to a single user.

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Thu Jul 8 11:12:26 IST 2004

You will need to do this via rulesets and by creating two copies of the
filename/type rules (this has been discussed in the last 24 hours)

I would also recommend that you disallow executables being sent via email.
There is no excuse for this level of idiocy in this day and age. Maybe a few
years ago it was "acceptable", now it most definitely is not.

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd
http://www.blacknight.ie/
Tel. +353 59 9137101

________________________________

On Behalf Of SatyaDev Sharma
        Sent: 07 July 2004 10:50
        To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
        Subject: [MAILSCANNER] Allow .exe attechment to a single user.

        hello,

        I am using MS 4.30, I blocked all .exe attachments for all users in
filename rules.
        I need to allow .exe attachments to one account (system admin), So
system admin can recive all .exe attachments of different patches, software
updates etc by mail.

        Satya.

AUSPICE MAIL SERVER, and is believed to be clean.

        Email scanned for viruses and
        dangerous content by Blacknight <http://www.blacknight.ie/>
        To leave, send leave mailscanner to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
        http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/ and the archives at