rpmnew files after upgrade. Way too much work!

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Wed Jul 7 21:51:38 IST 2004

Michael Freeman wrote:
> Nope, have you looked in /etc/MailScanner/reports. You will find
>
> ca/  cy+en/  cz/  de/  dk/  en/  es/  fr/  hu/  it/  nl/  pt_br/  ro/  se/
> sk/ directories and every single one of them has a rpmnew file. Also, if you
> don't copy the rpmnew files over the top of the .conf files in the /en
> directory you will get an error about three missing options from one of
> those file. Howabout all the other rpmnew files in the /en directory?
> Howabout all the other directories?

When I said /etc/MailScanner I meant everything in it, including
subdirectories. But those report directories are for other languages so
you should have to care about that. Only fix stuff in your choice of
language, "en" I guess. As you said, it's important to fix language.conf
because Julian often adds a phrase there when there's a new feature
using it.

I don't see how it's easier to remove the packages before, then you have
to know all files you want to keep and remember to save them. Now you
can easily find them. You do however have to merge them regardless of
how you install the new version. That takes some time.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.31.6,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.50, ClamAV 0.73 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.4

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk