How does upgrade_MailScanner_conf work?

Michael Freeman admin at thenamegame.com
Tue Jul 6 20:24:49 IST 2004

Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
Of Peter Bonivart
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 1:54 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: How does upgrade_MailScanner_conf work?

Michael Freeman wrote:
> Every time we upgrade to a new version of MailScanner we have to
> reconfigure MailScanner.conf. A very time consuming task. There is a
> file called upgrade_MailScanner_conf in /usr/sbin/ but I have never used
> it.
>
> When do we run this script? After we upgrade to a new version of
> MailScanner? Normally we remove the entire installation rpm -e
> mailscanner then re install the new version. Can somebody enlighten us
> on the steps necessary to be able to use this script successfully.

Just run it with no options and it will tell you how to use it.
Basically you tell it to merge your old file with the new file and
output it to a new file of your liking. It saves a lot of time.

If you use the rpm version you don't need to remove the previous
packages, they will be updated.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.31.6,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.50, ClamAV 0.73 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.4

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk