Implement Access Control List With MailScanner???

Walt Wyndroski wdwrn at FRIENDLYCITY.NET
Tue Jul 6 18:59:52 IST 2004

Let me rephrase. BTW, I have read the README and EXAMPLES files quite
closely. The blacklist and whitelist rules files only let you determine what
is definitely spam or definitely not spam. For what I am wanting to do, you
have to create a rule for something to make sure it gets marked as
definitely spam. Then you have to go to the spam.actions.rules and specify
some other rules for what you want to do with that spam. What I am wanting
is one place to arbitrarily do that.

Unless I read the EXAMPLES and README wrong, when matching cidr networks,
you can only make a positive match. I need to make a negative match. For
instance: "NOT 10.1.1.". Julian is using Perl regexes to do the matches,
which I am presuming he is using =~ to begin the regexes. Off the top of my
head, I only know to use !~ to make a negative regex.

If I those two tools, I could do the following easily:

From: <mydomain or any other domain> and From: NOT<cidr block>
FORWARD,DELETE

or

To: <some other domain> and From: <some specific ip or host> DELETE   (this
would allow this host to send to other domains but not the domain listed in
this rule)

I'm just trying to get some fine-tuned control easily. There is probably an
easier way to do this with the current rulesets. I am simply approaching the
problem from my most common frame of reference: routing ACL's. Up until now,
the current ruleset structure has worked wonderfully for me.

Regards,

Walt Wyndroski