Envelope To Rule

Gib Gilbertson Jr. gib at TMISNET.COM
Tue Jul 6 14:57:42 IST 2004

Hi.

I'm trying to setup an envelope to rule, but it doesn't seem to work. Here
is what I have

Nothing seems to happen when MailScanner is configured as:

Add Envelope To Header = %rules-dir%/envelope.to.rules

And the rule is as follows with tabs as separators

To:     gib     yes
From:   default no

If I change the configuration option to read as follows it works, but then
everyones e-mails have the information in it. I just want mine as
administrator to have it so I can see which address I'm getting all my spam
sent to.

Add Envelope To Header = yes

I'll have to upgrade sendmail and build it to split all incoming mail into
individual e-mails soon which will solve this problem, but for now I'd just
like to see which of the aliases from the alias file is being hit, and also
which user is causing the messages to not be scanned because they exempt
from scanning and of course their address is in the bcc field of the e-mail.

Thanks

gib

      Gib Gilbertson Jr.
     Tierramiga Info Systems