Very slow spam checks

Mike Zanker mike at ZANKER.ORG
Tue Jul 6 06:10:32 IST 2004

On 05 July 2004 17:30 -0400 Ugo Bellavance <ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM> wrote:

> Is this a dedicated MailScanner machine?

No, it's doing other stuff too. It hasn't been a problem until
recently, though. I've been adding quite a few SARE rules to
/etc/mail/spamassassin - I wonder if that has finally pushed it over
the edge?

> What is the output of free when the spam processing is slow?

I'll have a look next time it happens. It's been fine since I reloaded
MailScanner last night. One thing I'm fairly confident about is that it
is not a memory swapping to disk issue - the hard disk is not active
when SpamAssassin goes slow.

Mike.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk