(Fwd) Re: Archive::Zip 1.11

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Mon Jul 5 23:19:13 IST 2004

Hi people,

Ned Konz, the maintainer of Archive::Zip tells me he has no spare cycles to
continue its development. The other day he sent us (thru Fred Broughton) an
alpha release for 1.11 which I installed and solved my problem.

Other than that, I've done no testing of Archive::Zip nor I think I'd know
what to do...

I'm no perl wizard and compressing is definitively out of my skills. What's
worse, I myself don't have much spare cycles (though I'm still doing Perl,
mostly MailScanner), and I don't have the slightest idea of how CPAN works
other than using it... I don't even know how to make packages.

Is someone out there who does and is able to help testing/releasing
Archive::Zip 1.11?

For one thing, I'm already using it and will be installing it in every
MailScanner installation I have this week, since it solved a major problem.

Julian, do you think it'd be a good idea adding this 'alpha' release to the
next MailScanner release?

Regards.