SophosSAVI

Fri Jul 2 16:25:53 IST 2004

Don

did a major update at 02.05 GMT today and it failed really nastily -
came in to 850 in the mailq and the thing hung - no updates to the virus
defs...so MS hung trying to start itself.

all cleared out in under an hour once I figured out what was wrong..

maybe Sophos went down during the night??

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Don Newcomer wrote:
> Help!  I'm using MailScanner 4.31.6 and overnight, something happened and
> now my mailscanner log is filled with
>
> Jul  2 11:13:42 alpha MailScanner[403612]: SophosSAVI::ERROR:: The main body of
> virus data is out of date (542):: ./i62FDbo0000065659/msg-403612-24.dat
>
> I'm only hoping that it's not allowing viruses through but I have my
> doubts.  Anyone else seen this?  I'm running sophos-autoupdate hourly and
> it does run successfully.
>
> Don Newcomer
> Senior Manager, Systems
> Infrastructure Systems Department