Archive::Zip 1.11

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at lists.com.ar
Thu Jul 1 00:04:14 IST 2004

Hi Ned,

do you have a timeframe for publishing Archive::Zip 1.11?

I have a large MailScanner installation (from where I got the sample corrupt
zip file we used for testing today) that I want to upgrade... but I'm a
little scary with the 'alpha1' status.

If you intend to advance it to 'release' (or at least 'beta') within the next
few days or so, I'd rather wait, otherwise, I'd like at least to hear from
you if you have reports of problems about this release (I don't see any
public forum for discussing Archive::Zip, that's why I'm contacting you
directly about this).

I have it working OK in a small installation I control by myself, but the
large installation will require rpm packaging, 'management approval' and the
like... I don't care much about packaging and installing twice in a few
days... 'management approval', OTOH is quite a different story :-)
and if the software is labeled 'alpha', worse yet...

So I'd simply like to know how you feel about the release cycle for this new
version in order to decide what to do.

Thanx a lot for your prompt patch today.

TIA

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby