Presort for SquirrelMail and other IMAP users

Trever Furnish TGFurnish at HERFFJONES.COM
Thu Jul 1 16:27:10 IST 2004

Doing it that way will be much slower than just using a procmail recipe,
*and* it will be different for every mail client, so if you ever want to use
something other than squirrelmail, you'll have to come up with a new way.
With procmail, the messages are not delivered to one spool and then moved to
another - they're just delivered to the correct folder immediately.

-----Original Message-----
From: G. Armour Van Horn [mailto:vanhorn at WHIDBEY.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 11:18 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Presort for SquirrelMail and other IMAP users

That's good news, but can you give us a hint of where Squirrel has filters?
The only thing I could find on the subject at squirrelmail.org was a
wishlist item to add it. If I'm missing something obvious I would be
delighted to learn what it is.

Van

Michele Neylon : Blacknight Solutions wrote:

On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 22:33, G. Armour Van Horn wrote:

This probably isn't directly related to MailScanner, but I thought

someone here must have an answer. I'm running

Sendmail/MailScanner/SpamAssassin with good results on three servers. On

each one, there are at least a few users who need web access, so I use

an IMAP server and SquirrelMail.

I just had a user wonder if there was a way all the MS-tagged spam could

be moved into a spam folder automatically, and I think it would be a

great idea. There is, however, on SquirrelMail plugin that accomplishes

this, and I have no idea at all of what would be involved.

So, any suggestions on how to include this presort?

You don't need to do it system-wide unless you really really want to.

Squirrel supports filters, so you can easily filter all mail with an MS

subject tag into a separate folder.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to  jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
<mailto:jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk>

http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/ <http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/>      and
the archives at

<http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html>

.

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations

on a theme delivered every morning.

Enlightenment! Daily, for free!

mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD
<mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD>

For web design, hosting, and maintenance,

visit Van's home page:  http://www.domainvanhorn.com/van/
<http://www.domainvanhorn.com/van/>

To leave, send leave mailscanner to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk