bug processing zip file with errors

Fred Broughton phred at SVERICA.COM
Thu Jul 1 02:40:12 IST 2004

Makes sense. I had been unable to open the file to see what was really
inside, but it sounds like the new module succeeded where others had
failed ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Cooper [mailto:rcooper at DWFORD.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 20:25
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: **** Potential SPAM **** Re: bug processing zip file with
errors

<snip>

Not strange, before I turned MS loose on the file I tried opening it
with
winzip, power archiver, winrar, pkzip and IZArc. IZArc was able to list
the
full contents, none of the others were able to open it. If the new
Archive::Zip was able to list the contents but errored out when
extracting
MS will use the list to create 0 length files with the name of the
archive
members and your filename rules would cause the result you saw in your
message.

Rick

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk