Possible wishlist item - attachment decisions

Rose, Bobby brose at MED.WAYNE.EDU
Fri Jan 30 21:29:11 GMT 2004

I recall asking along time ago if the virus scan could be done before
the spam so that MailScanner wouldn't have to SA check virus messages
because they'd be removed from the batch sent to the SA subroutine.

I thought it made sense.

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Thomas DuVally
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 2:50 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Possible wishlist item - attachment decisions

I thought I saw a discussion about this, but I can't seem to find it
again, so I am going to ask:

Can MailScanner be told NOT the virus-scan a message (and/or
attachments) if the filename.rules are going to deny it anyway?

I thought I saw some discussion about this and that is was not something
one would want, but it would be if lack of it makes higher-ups want to
change e-mail products...  which I would rather not do.

--
Thomas J. DuVally
Lead Systems Prog.

GPG fingerprint = FB59 8265 0865 0CB8 94B5 FC26 F573 F09C 15F2 33F6