Skip scan for viruses

Dustin Baer dustin.baer at IHS.COM
Fri Jan 30 19:06:40 GMT 2004

Kevin Spicer wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 18:28, Peter Bonivart wrote:
> > Could you post how you add the extra header and the SA rule that gives
> > it -100? I'm sure many would be interested in using that approach.
> >
> How long before Mr. Evil Spammer starts adding X-SpamRequested-Email: to
> all his spams!   (yes I know this is unlikely unless it got really
> widespread, but...)

LOL!  Now that they are probably reading this list, very soon...

> Wouldn't it be better to spam whitelist the IP address of the
> MailScanner machine (which is presumably where the message would be sent
> from)?

The MailScanner machine is whitelisted, but I add the header to the
original qf, and send the df/qf pair back through.  That way, the logs
remain consistent.

Although now that you bring it up, I might mess with changing the $_
flag in the qf file, rather than adding the header.

Dustin
--
Dustin Baer
Unix Administrator/Postmaster