Skip scan for viruses

Edward L. Hannaford elhannaford at PSFINC.COM
Fri Jan 30 17:41:43 GMT 2004

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:26:55 +0000, Julian Field
<mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:

>No. The spam detection is done before the virus detection.
>That way you can avoid the extra work of scanning spam messages you are
>deleting anyway.

Really?  My MailScanner seems to do both anti-virus and spam scanning.  I
get quite a few messages with tags from both processes.  Or perhaps I'm just
unaware of one of the inner processes; is MailScanner supposed to skip
anti-virus scanning for all spams or just the ones that aren't forwarded on
to users (high-scoring spams, in my case)?

I also must agree with some other posters.  Spam-scanning is nice but, spam
or not, anti-virus scanning is essential.  I do *not* want MailScanner to
skip anti-virus scanning of *any* message!

-Ed