Port 25 vulnerability

taz taz at AZTEK-ENG.COM
Fri Jan 30 15:04:35 GMT 2004

I have a question about mail and port 25 in general.  I know that this is really not on the mailscanner subject so if I don't get an answer that is ok.  There are lots of servers that accept email, but don't allow you to telnet to port 25.  Since port 25 is a port that mail talks on how does one secure this port to only allow email to talk to it and not allow the "telnet hostname 25" action.  I know in this case telnet is disabled on the mail server.  Sorry for being so dopey on this one.

Thanks,
Travis