Skip scan for viruses

Randal, Phil prandal at HEREFORDSHIRE.GOV.UK
Fri Jan 30 11:12:53 GMT 2004

No, spam can't directly compromise your PC, viruses can.

As it stands it is a gaping security hole in MailScanner.

Hypothethical example:  User phones, and says "your flipping anti-spam gizmo
has blocked an email which isn't spam, can you release it?".  You look at
the logs, see that Mailscanner doesn't think it's a virus and release it
from quarantine.  BOOM!

Phil

www.mailsecurity.net.au
 Forward undetected SPAM to:                   spam at mailsecurity.net.au