Skip scan for viruses

Fri Jan 30 09:51:17 GMT 2004

Julian

Our policy is to deliver spam and not viruses. This is so any FP's on
the spam checks are still delivered, but any virus infected emails are
not under any circumastances.

May I suggest a flag that sets what to do first, virus or spam checks.
That way if you deliver spam, but not viruses you don't waste CPU spam
checking viral email?

Not big deal for us as the machine is well capable of handling the load,
but anything can help make MS more efficient would be helpful to many
people.

Keep up the good work...and have fun at the UKUUG winter conference.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Julian Field wrote:
> No. The spam detection is done before the virus detection.
> That way you can avoid the extra work of scanning spam messages you are
> deleting anyway.
>
> At 00:31 30/01/2004, you wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to configure MailScanner to skip the spam scan for emails
>> that have been found to contain a virus?  I tag my subject lines for both
>> positives and some users find this confusing.  I also have different
>> notification settings for the two types of "badmail" and I don't want
>> them
>> mixing.
>>
>> -Ed
>

> --