Upgrade to SpamAssassin-2.63-1 problem

Hywel Burris hywel at BURRIS.ORG.UK
Thu Jan 29 21:39:26 GMT 2004

Thanks Peter,

Sorry for the delay worked a treat :)

Hywel

-----Original Message-----
Of Peter Bonivart
Sent: 27 January 2004 23:35
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Upgrade to SpamAssassin-2.63-1 problem

Hywel Burris wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Yes I installed from the RPM. If this can't be done could you briefly
> explain how. I seem to remember an email from this group about 6weeks ago
on
> this subject but couldn't find it.
>
> I have never had any issue like this before from upgrading SA, wonder why
> this ones different.
>
> Thanks

There's nothing wrong with the RPM if you want to use SA standalone but
it will not work with MailScanner, all paths will be screwed up and MS
will not find stuff. That's why it's OK to use SRPM because that's built
for your system.

I would recommend CPAN, I use that on Solaris also. Extremely simple:

# perl -e shell -MCPAN
cpan> install Mail::SpamAssassin

Of course, remove the RPM first.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.61 + DCC 1.2.21, ClamAV 0.65 + GMP