MIME Decode - SAMPLE

rwmailscanner at lacasita.demon.co.uk rwmailscanner at lacasita.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 15:10:11 GMT 2004

> >If you wish to receive a copy of the *infected* attachment, please
> >e-mail helpdesk and include the whole of this message
> >in your request. Alternatively, you can call them, with
> >the contents of this message to hand when you call.
> >
> >At Thu Jan 29 14:06:43 2004 the virus scanner said:
> >    Sophos: >>> Virus 'W32/MyDoom-A' found in file document.zip/document.txt=
> >                                                                       .scr
> >    Sophos: >>> Virus 'W32/MyDoom-A' found in file document.zip
> >
> >Note to Help Desk: Look on the MailScanner in /var/spool/MailScanner/quaran=
> >tine/20040129 (message i0TDvqRs016305).
> >--
> >Postmaster
> >MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support
>
> Admittedly it has a very odd filename, but it successfully found the virus
> and removed it.
>
> Are you 100% sure that your MIME-tools package is properly patched with the
> 4 security patches?
>
> Jules.
> --
> Julian Field
> www.MailScanner.info

I have just found another example on a Redhat 9 box running mailscanner-4.25-14 and perl-MIME-tools-5.411pl4.2. So i do believe the problem still exists.

If you run the example tool mimeexplode from MIME-tools over the file I sent you only get one out the txt part of the msg saved out  and not the zip file. I hope this helps

Robert