Announce: MailScanner-MRTG version 0.07 released

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Wed Jan 28 19:35:10 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 18:35, Mike Wallis wrote:

> This may or may not be something you're addressing, but with a RH9
> system, I have yet to get any of the snmp related graphs populated. In
> doing some testing, it seems to be an issue with net-snmp using the
> ucd-snmp mibs.
>
> [root at deep-thought mibs]# snmpwalk -v 2c -c public localhost
> .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.4
> UCD-SNMP-MIB::memory = No more variables left in this MIB View (It is
> past the end of the MIB tree)

 I don't have access to a RH9 machine, but I have managed to try with a
Mandrake 9.1.  I initially couldn't get it to work - but then I replaced
the supplied snmpd.conf (in /etc/snmp) with a vert simple one....

#START
rocommunity  public
pass .1.3.6.1.4.1.4413.4.1 /usr/bin/ucd5820stat
syslocation Unknown
syscontact Root <root at localhost>
#END

and voila!  Would you mind trying this and letting me know how you get
on.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000