making clamav examine

Chris Yuzik chris at FRACTALWEB.COM
Wed Jan 28 04:09:27 GMT 2004

Daniel Bidwell wrote:

>I am using MailScanner 4.20-3 with Clamav 0.60.  They are working well,
>but clamav doesn't seem to be scanning .zip files from MailScanner.
>When I run clamscan on an infected zip file it tells detects the virus
>correctly.

Have you considered updating MailScanner and Clamav? Both are pretty
easy upgrades and I would seriously recommend it.

>I have added the "--unzip" option to the clamav-wrapper, but this
>doesn't seem to make any difference.  Is there a list of file types that
>MailScanner will pass to clamav?  Any suggestions?

Are you having problems detecting zips that are infected with
worm.sco.a? I think this is a different issue than the one that could be
fixed by adding "--unzip" to the clamav wrapper. That was a problem with
corrupt zip headers...this is something different. I think everyone is
still trying to figure it out. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Chris