tons of infected files getting though???

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Tue Jan 27 19:30:20 GMT 2004

At 02:22 PM 1/27/2004, Chris Yuzik wrote:
>Is it possible that MailScanner isn't getting clamav to scan all the
>attachments? How do I go about troubleshooting this? Urgent help would
>be appreciated.

1) is it possible that when the mail arrived, your version of clamav didn't
have the SCO.A signature yet? MailScanner auto-updates clamav hourly, so
it's possibly that by the time you transferred the file back over to your
server, it had been updated... check your maillogs to see when it was last
updated.

When I first came in this AM, clamav wasn't hitting them, but it is now.

2) usually questions about problems with MS (or ANY product that matter)
should be accompanied by information as to what version you're running.