tons of infected files getting though???

Desai, Jason jase at SENSIS.COM
Tue Jan 27 19:26:57 GMT 2004

I've noticed that ClamAV has not been finding SCO.A when they are inside of
a mail delivery failure message.  McAfee however does find it (calling it
Mydoom).

I can take the email and scan it with ClamAV, but it will not find anything.
But if I decode the attachment and scan it with ClamAV, ClamAV will find
SCO.A.

Could it be that the ones that are getting through are delivery failure
notifications?  I don't know if it's a bug in ClamAV or if it could be fixed
with updating the virus definitions, but I don't think it's a MailScanner
bug.

Jason