Mailscanner getting bypassed and Sendmail still delivering mail.

Jim VanEtten jvane at INVITATION.ORG
Sat Jan 24 02:43:55 GMT 2004

I have disabled the sendmail automatic startup and I let mailscanner
start it up on it's own as per the instructions.

service sendmail stop
chkconfig sendmail off
chkconfig --level 2345 MailScanner on
service MailScanner start

MailScanner does kick off 2 instances of sendmail just like it does in
my successfull installations. There are no errors in my maillog or
messages log.

Thanks
Jim